Shopping for car insurance or fed up with your current rate? Our agency represents Mercury Insurance, Safeco Insurance and Progressive Insurance in Nevada. We will help find you all available discounts and recommend the proper coverages for you and your vehicles. Give us a call at 702-900-8656 and get your customized Nevada auto insurance quote today!
If you have an accident, auto insurance protects you against financial loss. Very simply, it is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay a premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for your losses, due to an accident, as defined in your auto policy.
Auto insurance protects you on three fronts:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury and property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
Most states require you to buy some vehicle coverage. If you're financing a car, your lender may also require that you buy auto insurance.
The six primary sections of an auto insurance policy
Your auto policy may include these six areas of coverage or a combination of them. Each is priced separately.
- Bodily Injury Liability: For injuries the policyholder causes to someone else.
- Medical Payments: For treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car.
- Property Damage Liability: For damage the policyholder caused to someone else's property.
- Collision: For damage to the policyholder's car from a collision. The collision could be with another car, a fence, a light post, a wall, etc.
- Comprehensive: For damage to the policyholder's car that doesn't involve a collision. Coverage includes fire, theft, falling objects, explosion, earthquake, flood, etc.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: For treatment of the policyholder's injuries as a result of collision with an uninsured driver.
Each state requires that you have certain types of coverage combination with minimum liability limits. Talk to your agent about the type of coverage that is right for you.
Make sure to call us for your Mercury, Safeco and Progressive Insurance customized auto quotes!